Papayas were first cultivated in the 17th century, and they are typically grown in tropical climates. They are soft and fleshy fruit with a sweet taste and vibrant color that is available most time of the year. Since their cultivation, the uses and benefits of papaya have impressed health experts, thus making them a popular fruit around the world. That’s why we are going to talk about this fantastic fruit, how it’s juiced, and its benefits.
What is Papaya?
Papaya or sometimes called pawpaw is a plant that belongs to the Carica plant family. These plants originated in the American regions, especially in Central America and southern Mexico. Papaya is a vibrant, yellow-colored fruit that has a soft and slightly sweet taste, and it becomes super tasty when eaten at its peak ripeness.
What are the Types of Papaya?
Several types of papaya can be found all over the world. The different types of papaya depend on the climate of the region they are grown into and the types of cultivation that are used for growing the papayas. The most common types of papaya are:
- Red Papaya
- Hawaiian Papaya
- Cuban papaya
- Cartagena Papaya
- Paraguanero Papaya
Why Is Papaya Good for our Body?
Average sized papaya contains 26 percent folate, 224 percent vitamin C, and 19 percent fiber of the percent daily value. They also contain pantothenic acid, vitamin A, copper, and magnesium. Papaya extracts proved that they could help improve your health and protect you from certain diseases such as heart disease, prostate cancer, arthritis, and even macular degeneration. Papaya provides benefits for your skin, nails, and hair. Their high nutritious value is also known to help improve our body’s digestive health and immunity.
How to Eat Papaya?
Always choose fresh papayas that have reddish-orange skin that is soft to the touch. You can eat it on its own or blend it into a juice after cutting it like a melon and scooping out the seeds. You can also combine this fruit into several recipes such as a tropical fruit salad, fresh salsa, and smoothies.
Papaya’s Amazing Benefits
- Papaya can help improve heart health – Papaya gives a significant contribution to keeping the heart-healthy and robust. The fiber, potassium, and vitamins that papayas possess helps in fighting and reducing the risk of several heart-related issues. Consuming papaya every day can help in unblocking several blockages in the heart arteries. Papaya also helps improve blood circulation.
- Papaya can help in weight loss –Eating papaya every day can help you lose weight gracefully. This fruit has very minimal calorie content, and it has a high amount of fiber that can help you avoid feeling hungry for a long period of time.
- Papaya helps treat macular degeneration – Macular degeneration generally occurs in older people and it can lead to complete loss of vision. But having consuming papaya every day can help reduce the risk of vision loss in older people. This is because papaya contains vitamin A and antioxidants that help fight against macular degeneration.
- Papaya can help reduce inflammation – Papaya contains several antioxidants and anti-inflammation properties that help reduce the effect of inflammation in the body. Drinking papaya juice and help if there’s an inflammation inside the body and massaging papaya on the affected part of the skin also provides the same benefit.
- Papaya helps lower cholesterol levels – Drinking papaya juice can help control the cholesterol levels in the body. This is because papaya contains lycopene which helps in reducing the levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Papaya can help boost immunity – Papaya is packed with the necessary vitamins and minerals that can help strengthen your immune system. The fruit is also rich in antioxidants that effectively fight off harmful free radicals in the body.
- Papaya helps to prevent dark spots on skin – Papaya acts as a natural bleaching agent that’s why massaging it on your skin can help reduce dark spots and discoloration.
- Papaya helps reduce wrinkles – As we mentioned, papaya is packed with antioxidants and enzymes that not only reduce inflammation and protect you from certain diseases. These enzymes and antioxidants can also help improve your skin and visibly reduce wrinkles. You can drink papaya juice every day and rub papaya peel on your face and body for visible effects.