Whoever said the phrase that an apple a day keeps the doctor away was right. It’s because apples are delicious and nutritious fruits that can fight off several diseases. It is rich in fiber, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and flavonoids. Apples are tangy and sweet fruit that is widely cultivated in Asia, America, and Europe. Apples are used in several foods such as pies and desserts. They are also juiced and consumed as a healthy beverage. That’s why we are going to know the health benefits of apples.
Are Apples Healthy?
Apples give you several vitamins and minerals. Research shows that this fruit can prevent several heart diseases and deadly cancers. Consuming apples are also linked to lowering risks of stomach illnesses because they promote probiotic bacterial growth in the stomach. Doctors also recommend eating apples if you want to lose weight because it has high fiber content. That’s why consuming apples are really good for your body.
Amazing Benefits of Apples
Apples have countless benefits, but here in our article, we selected different apple health benefits that would help revitalize your body internally and externally.
- Apples help whitens teeth – Chewing apples and even drinking fresh green apple juice every day would help remove yellow stains on teeth. This is because consuming apples can help stimulate saliva production in the mouth, which brings down bacteria levels and prevent tooth decay.
- Apples help reduce the risk of Parkinson’s Disease – Because of its high fiber content, apples can help minimize the risk of having Parkinson’s disease. This is illness happens when nerve cells break down, and brains stop producing dopamine. Research shows that apples also contain antioxidants that can fight free radicals.
- Apples help control sugar levels – According to some experts, consuming an apple a day can help protect you from having type 2 diabetes, compared to people who do not eat apples. This is because apples are rich in soluble fiber which helps control and lower blood sugar levels.
- Apples help improve heart health – A happy and healthy heart is essential for all of us. That’s why you should eat apples or drink apple juice every day to keep your heart healthy. Thanks to the high soluble fiber that apple possesses, it can help arteries stay unclogged and clean. This soluble fiber is mostly found in the skin of the apple; that’s why you should eat or juice the apple with its surface to take advantage of its benefits.
- Apples help lower bad cholesterol – The fibers that can be found in apples has a binding effect that helps bring down levels of bad cholesterol in the body when it is dissolved and associated itself with the fats in the digestive tract.
- · Apple aids in relieving asthma – Apples contain polyphenols and phytochemicals that help enhance the lung’s function as well as aid a person recuperate from asthma and breathing issues. Research shows that kids who drink fresh apple juice frequently have exhibited decreased dangers in suffering from wheezing problems and asthma attacks.
- Apples helps promote proper digestion – As we mentioned, apples contain a lot of fiber. The fibers help keep the digestive system healthy and keep the colon free from water, too. Thus, the excess water can be absorbed by the body, and bowels would be normal in the morning. That’s why abdominal pain, irritating bowel movements, and loose stools can be avoided by consuming apples every day.
- Apples help prevent cataracts – Recent research shows that the flavonoids that can be found in apples help prevent macular degeneration as well as the blurry vision that is caused by cataracts.
- Apples helps reduce the risk of having gallstones – Gallstones are often produced because of high cholesterol in the arteries that hardens. The fiber that can be found in apples can help prevent cholesterol build up in the arteries.
- Apples help strengthen the immune system – Apples are rich in vitamin C that helps the body fight against infections such as cold, cough, and viral fever. The natural antioxidants that can be found in apples are also strong enough to help fight against these diseases that virally affects our immune system.
- Apples helps in losing weight – Dieticians consider apple as a part of a healthy diet because they are rich with calcium, fiber, potassium, and phosphorus that help promote proper digestion. Eating apples or drinking fresh apple juice every day can help you reduce weight.
- Apples reduces the risk of osteoporosis – Even if consuming apples is not proved to be the best solution for osteoporosis, it is still recognized as a helpful and effective way of making the bones stronger.