Cucumber is a glamorous vegetable, and you can add them to salads, blend them in gazpacho, or make pickles. But did you know that you can actually get its health benefits when you juice it, and it is like a rejuvenation tonic? It can also detox and cleanse your entire body as well as burn your belly fat. Cucumbers are not just refreshing and delicious. They are also healthy too. That is why in this article, we are going to learn more about cucumbers and how to juice them.
Health Benefits of Cucumber Juice
Cucumbers are rich in vitamins C, A, and K and calcium, iron, and antioxidants. They also contain a fiber known as lignin which can protect your body against estrogen-related cancers. Eating cucumbers is one thing. Juicing them is another thing. It is because it could give you more nutrients, especially if you juice them with their skin. It will provide you with more fiber and nutrients.
As we mentioned, cucumbers are rich in fiber which can help you relieve constipation, and it also helps to detoxify your body by removing old waste and toxic materials. It can also help boost your immunity, regulate your blood pressure, boost your energy, and cool down your body.
Can You Juice Cucumbers?
The answer is yes, and you can juice cucumbers. All you have to do is to chop your cucumbers, place them into a food processor or blender, add sugar and water, then blend it all until smooth. You can strain the juice through a fine sieve and into a glass or bowl. Make sure that the strainer is small enough to fit inside the mouth of your glass or bowl. Rest the filter on the top of your glass or bowl, then place cheesecloth inside the strainer to strain out more pulp. Stir and occasionally press down the cucumber puree into the cheesecloth to encourage the juice to seep out and flow through the sieves and into your bowl. Continue doing this until no more juice comes out.
Pour the cucumber juice into your glass, let it cool in the refrigerator, and serve. You can also bottle it up or put it in a sealed container inside the fridge for a week.
When making cucumber juice, it is best to blend the ingredients in just two minutes. Keep in mind that the duration and speed of blending are essential factors to help you come up with the perfect consistency.
You also have to make sure that you use fresh cucumbers that have an even and bright color. Deseed your cucumbers before you put them in the blender, and do not forget to adjust the water and sugar content to suit your preference.
Make Your Cucumber Juice More Delicious
We know, juicing and drinking cucumber juice is not pleasing to the taste. That is why you need to add other ingredients for added flavor as well as nutrients. Here are some ingredients that you can add to your cucumber juice to make it more delicious:
- Lemons – Adding lemons to your cucumber juice will give it a great zing. Make sure that you use fresh lemons rather than bottled ones for added health benefits. Fresh lemon juice is packed with vitamin C, and it can help reduce the risk of heart disease as well as improve your digestive system.
- Mint –Fresh mint leaves blended into the cucumber juice create the most refreshing taste. It also works well with other ingredients, so you do not have to worry about your cucumber juice having a bad taste. Make sure that you use fresh mint leaves because they are rich in nutrients, and they can help you ease cold symptoms and help with your digestion.
- Ginger –Just like lemons, ginger adds zing to your cucumber juice. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help lower cancer risk and enable you to settle an upset stomach.
Can You Consume Cucumber Juice Every day?
Yes, you can. Cucumber juice is a great way to rehydrate your body and give it a good dose of vitamins and minerals. A glass of cucumber juice every day will bring you no harm but a lot of good. Cucumber juice is a great drink to substitute your morning coffee because it can help rehydrate your body after sleep.
Interesting Facts About Cucumbers
- Cucumbers can grow up to two feet long.
- China is the biggest cucumber producer in the world. About 76% of cucumbers come from them.
- A raw cucumber is made up of about 95% water.
- You can grow cucumbers in a soilless medium such as in water.
- During Roman times, Emperor Tiberius had cucumber on his table every day.
- Cucumbers can help kill bacteria in your mouth and freshen your breath.
- Cucumbers have cooling effects that can help soothe sunburn. You have to make a cucumber puree and apply it to the affected areas.
- It takes about 12 weeks to sow and harvest cucumbers.
- Harvesting cucumbers regularly can help your plant produce more and more fruits.
- Cucumbers also contain some carbohydrates that can act as an energy pick me up. This is why it is a great snack to have during the afternoon.
- Cucumbers can help cool your body and blood.
- Cucumbers contain calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, Vitamins B2, B1, B3, B5, and B6, phosphorus, folic acid, and Vitamin C.